Dan ‘SGT’ Humphries’ quick tips for an envy-inspiring core
As an ex-military man and ex-Olympian, Dan knows a thing or two about peak performance. Our favorite British badass has some choice advice for those of you wanting to trim the fat and show off all your hard work.
Read on for nine rapid-fire tips on developing killer abs.
3 Nutrition Tips To Blowtorch Belly Fat
- It’s not what you eat – it’s when you eat it! Nutrient timing is essential when it comes to transforming your body. Focus on chowing down on protein, fat and greens before your workouts. Save the carbs for after your workouts to replenish your energy!
- Focus on eating carbs once a day
- Not all carbs are made equal. Focus on eating clean, complex carbs – the starchier, the better. Whole grains and sweet potatoes are your friends.
3 Ab Exercises To Ignite Those Abdominals
- Russian Twists – Put your whole core to work with this fun twist on crunches. When it starts to get too easy, pick up a dumbbell or a plate and get back at it!
- Vertical Leg Raises – These are pretty straightforward, and you can do them anywhere. Lie flat on your back and raise your legs straight up. For extra punishment, lower your legs as slow as you can, or do them in a ‘captain’s chair’ at the gym.
- Crunches – When it ain’t broke, don’t fix it – crunches are the quintessential ab exercise. Start with your hands on your knees, and lift your back off the floor until your fingers clear your knees. For added difficulty, put your hands behind your head.
3 Recovery Tips For Speedier Shredding
- Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate
Drink plenty of water to maximize your recovery. It’s the easiest way to boost your results. Go for at least a gallon (4L) a day, more if you’ve really been crushing it.
- Sleep is priority #1
Sleep is what gives our bodies the time to rebuild themselves after a hard day’s work. Aim for 7-9 hours per night. For best results, avoid eating (and electronics) at least an hour before bed.
- Make sure you’re getting enough calories
We’ve been over this before but it bears repeating – sometimes you underestimate how much food you need to keep results coming in. It’ll also stop you from binging after not eating quite enough for a few days.
These are just a few tips anyone can use to take their transformation to the next level.
Stay tuned for more!
Intrigued? Interested in learning more about nutrition? Eager to work hard with the experts?
Drop us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or book a consult with us. Keep at it!