Reboot that booty with Rumble’s resident #BootyQueen
Kealan Bailey a.k.a. Queen of Leg Day knows her way around a pair of glutes. Whether you’re a diehard gym-goer or you’re in your first week of our #BodyReboot challenge, Kealan has a few hot tips to help you take your health + fitness to the next level.
3 Booty-Building Nutrition Tips:
- Make sure you’re getting enough calories to support the work you’re doing – especially if you’ve made a big change in your activity level (like doing our 30-day Body Reboot). We tend to misjudge how many calories we actually need. Increased activity level means increased calories burned. You don’t want to burn off all those gainz.
- You also need to make sure you’re getting quality calories. Those calories need to come from healthy fats, protein, and carbs. KB likes to use her hand as a quick guideline for portioning:
- 1 thumb-sized portion of fat
- 1 palmful of protein
- 1 cupped handful of carbs
- 2 fist-sized clumps of veggies
- Make sure to eat mini-meals throughout the days so you don’t get HANGRY. Never let yourself get to like 12 out of 10 hungry – eat when you’re at about a 6. This’ll help you avoid late-night, post-workout binge eating.
3 Recovery Tips to Sustain Your #BootyGainz
- The number one thing is to take care of your nutrition. Your body will recover more quickly if you feed it the right stuff.
- The next thing is to drink enough water. It’s a small thing but it’s so important. KB recommends 3 liters a day at least, especially since you’re gonna be sweating a lot.
- Don’t forget to stretch! Stretching may seem like a given – but you don’t want to just stretch for the sake of stretching. Focused, productive stretching is essential. Whatever that looks like for you – whether it’s massage, active release therapy, physio, or foam rolling, make sure you’re stretching with a purpose.
3 Essential Exercises to Grow That Booty
- Lunge, baby, lunge!
- Squats – Keep your weight in the heels, and squeeze that booty on the way up!
- Deadlifts – make sure you nail your form before going heavy. They’re a bad-ass full-body exercise when you do ‘em properly.
That’s it for now! Stay tuned for more tips from our rockstar motivators + trainers.
Fired up about growing a world-class booty? Interested in learning more about nutrition? Book a consult with us for more information. Contact us at info [at] rumbleboxing.com for more info.